• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Stupid photo limits

ATeaM

I just spent a good deal of time writing a post only to receive the message "Too many pictures in post". When I clicked back my entire post had been erased. Too put it lightly, that's really f*****g annoying ! You should either forwarn members about a limit on smilies (conveniently mind you) or program the software so that it does not eliminate the post.

There are a lot of places on the web that have similar limits. Another thing to watch for is some web based email programs. They will log you out after a certain amount of time. You click send and you have to re-login. You lose your email that took you 30 minutes to type. The best solution is:

1) Type your post/email/private message

2) Before clicking "send/submit", tap CTRL-A

3) Tap CTRL-C

Your text you worked so hard on is now copied to the windows clipboard. Should you run into problems, you can tap CTRL-V in a new window to paste what you typed out for retransmission. Hope this helps!

Sorry for the problem. Sometimes it's difficult for us to keep track of all the possible permutations that can result in a posting problem.

Next time you post, please email me first.....we'll send a team to your house to make certain you're not disappointed with the result. ;)
Rich

ATeaM - You should take PF's advice seriously. I now make it a habit of doing that for any post over one or two lines. What you experienced is only one of several hundred things that can go wrong after submitting and possibly losing your text.

Or, open a duplicate window before submitting. I have flaky net connection and the duplicate comes in handy. It also is a good tool for reducing duplicate posts.

Rich........:D

Nosredna Mas

I can understand not wanting people to post large photos...but the image limit means you can't use more the 3 smilies in your posts.

Kind of limiting when I can't use more then 3 of these --> :rolleyes:

:D

If you want to post more than three photos, you can just post a link to them. That way, people that are just interested in reading a thread's content or checking for new replies won't have to wait all day for it to load.

Sure thing Rich. I live in Qumar Afganistan and I answer to the name "Osama". Oh, hear they are now....

No, seriously, those who responded with the hints, I'll give them a try.

Next time I post on "Sarcasm, Condescension, and Feel bad" I'll try to be more pithy. For the master's sake.

Next time I post on "Sarcasm, Condescension, and Feel bad" I'll try to be more pithy. For the master's sake.
I, for one, am glad that we have a Suggestions, Questions, and Feedback forum here. How would you like to have to pick one Moderator or Administrator to email and ask your questions? he/she may be out of town when you email them or not know the answer. So you ask someone else the next day. With a forum like this, you can get help and suggestions from not only all of our Moderators and Administrators, but from members that have been with this board for a long time, as well as the legendary "Staff". I think it's a pretty good deal. The price is right anyway. :D Thank you Rich!

Back