stupid ar 15 pistol question

joejoe

Inactive
is it illegal to use a milspec buffer tube asembly on a ar pistol like the lower one in the picture?

Attachments

• arpistol2.jpg
    arpistol2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 182
because that is considered part of a stock they would prob shanghai you to the pokey,,,the ar pistols have smooth buffer tubes which you cant click on the other half of your stock

I dunno...I think they are sold with buffer tubes sometimes. I have seen them in my LGS. Maybe this post belongs in the NFA forum.

-cls

all ar pistols have buffer tubes BUT they do not have the ability to accept a stock because they have no rail and slots on them like a standard rifle(they are smooth an round)....having the ability to slide on a regular ar stock makes it an SBR

The pistol in question has a sling mount on the buffer tube. If it is pinned in so it can't be removed and therefore stops a sliding stock from being mounted, it may just be Kosher.

But that is the idle speculation of a some guy drinking coffee in front of his computer and not the BATF&E.

Keep one of these handy when touching things like that gun...

d_2634.jpg

having the ability to slide on a regular ar stock makes it an SBR

Negative Ghost Rider.

You can have a reg. buffer tube, just don't have any spare stocks lying around. That should save you from constr. int. If it doesn't, everyone is screwed, becasue you can slide an AR stock onto those buffer tubes with no notches, just like any Glock could accept a stock.

i can slide a stock on a normal pistol tube it just wont lock in the mane reason is i dont like the pistol tubes ill probly cut the notchs out on the under side and rap it with para cord

Back