stuck bayonet on 91/30

lagavulin62

As you can see I put the bayonet on upside down. Now I can't get it off. Please advise, are there any tricks? Did I screw up? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bayonett.jpg
    bayonett.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 69
Mausermolt,

Hey thanks for the advice. I just got it off. I have a few I have not even shot yet and was getting ready to clean. I had forgotten to pull up on that little lever on the bayonet. But still for some reason it won't go all the way down to allow me to turn and snap in place. I tried a few others from the other guns and they go on perfect so much be the bayonet. I don't see anything jammed and I wiped off as much cosmoline as I could see. I don't see anything on the bayonet that looks dented. It's like a 16th on an inch from seating. Any ideas?

Mike

91/30 bayonets are notorious for sticking and not fitting properly.
Use a round file or some emery cloth wrapped on a wooden dowel and ream out the inside of the bayonet a little until it goes on and off easily.

mosin bayonets are like the internal mechanism of a revolver, they come from the same stamping press, but are a custom fit to each other. that is why the bayonet and rifle are supposed to have matching serials.

Be aware that the usual practice was for a very TIGHT fit to the bayonet. Russians didn't remove and reattach the bayonet all the time, like we (and most other armies) do.

Mosin bayonets were intended to be fixed, all the time. Basically put on the rifle once, and left there.

If you want a bayonet you can attach (fix) and dismount easily, you are going to have to do a little metal work to the bayonet (NOT the rifle).

Good Luck!

Back