stripper clip loaded and controlled feed?

I'm not aware of any big producer who currently satisfies your specifications. Milling a slot for a stripper clip is an extra machining step which cost $. You may have to consider the numerous surplus firearms (Mausers, Springfields) to meet your need.

Pritchard,
I've got an Israeli Mauser 98k that fits your bill, assuming we are talking the same language. I assume by controlled feed, you are talking about the process whereby the cartridge rim slips under the extractor as the cartridge is fed into the chamber, thus obviating the possibility of a double feed?

Since .308 was never an original caliber in a military bolt action, you'll need to convert one youself, or look for one. The Israelis coverted a bunch to .308. I have also seen ads for converted '95 and '93 mausers on various surplus markets.

Oops, I forgot one. The Indian Ishapore Lee-Enfield No2a were designed to be .308 from the beginning.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal
weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the
monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Back