Striker spring access on Kahr K9 [like Glock?]?

jmstr

Hello,

I need some help from anyone with a Kahr K9. Glock owners probably can help too, as I thing the main issue is similar between them. How do I remove the rear cover on the slide to remove the striker assembly? I bought a used K9 that is about 5 years old. I am going to replace the striker spring [and maybe striker: anyone make a Titanium striker for the Kahr?] and the recoil spring. However, How do I get at the striker spring? I also want to completely clean out the striker [slot/groove/hole/area?] and reassemble. I don't know how much gunk is in there, but I can feel a little resistance when dryfiring [with snap caps] that doesn't feel like the spring compressing: more like a bit of grit. Any advice? Please help me as soon as you can.

Thanks
jason

Yeah, it baffled me for awhile, too.

Looking at the bottom of the slide, you'll see a plunger inside the striker spring. You have to push it out of the way far enough so the cover plate can clear it.

At the same time, you'll need a tiny implement of some sort to push the extractor plunger in, too (adjacent to the cover plate, through the hole in the back of the slide).

With both plungers held out of the way of the cover plate, you should be able to get the plate off. It's kind of hard to slide it off, and of course, you'll need three hands and an assistant.

The K9 is a great little gun, though. :)

Back