street legal....

ClydeFrog

I'm now back in saddle, again. :D
I got my new CCW license in today's USPS mail.
I was concerned because the division of licensing sent me a notice saying I didn't pay the fingerprint card fee(I paid it online & enclosed the receipt copy with my application, ;) ).
The state office corrected the error & zap! I got my new W license.
It's valid for seven years & it no longer lists the license holder's home address.
Not bad for approx 24 days.
Clyde
PS; If you don't yet have a CCW or concealed permit, Id suggest using the e-fingerprints(electronic) if available. It speeds up the processing. I think the DoJ/FBI now mandates sworn LE agencies to change to electronic systems but Im not 100% sure.

I'm in California.

I'm waiting for the county sheriff's decision via mail right now.

24 days? Try 8 months - and still a few weeks to go (assuming the decision is "yes").

I feel very fortunate to some degree. It was a matter of minutes for my wife and I. This was a few years ago when I first relocated to Alabama. Now it is a matter of sending by mail $25.00 to the County Sheriff for a renewal.

Most of the surrounding States reciprocate, but there are plenty of other States who do not recognize it even with having passed a background check (the remaining degree).

pic...

My eyes & face are slightly red in the color pic.
I was outside in the sun cleaning out my SUV & sprayed Ballistol near my face in a strong breeze, :o.
My ID photo in 2002 was fairly decent for a Walgreens.
Id of purchased about a dozen of those ID pics if I knew I needed them later.
My state requires a separate color photo ID for several career fields, licenses.

Other armed professionals & I have all agreed that a endorsement format makes a lot more sense. You still pay the state(Div of Licensing) for the fees/licenses but they just add it to your records(database) until your photo ID would be due to renew. Some license holders can have 4/5/6 different plastic cards!
They are mandated also to have these IDs on their person while working.
It would save time & $$$ for the state to process/maintain.

CF
PS; I also like the fact that I can now buy a new firearm & take possession the same day with my W card.

Back