Streamlight Scorpion Question....

Justin Moore

For you folks that own a Scorpion:

Does the variable spot to flood focus cause dark and light spots in the beam, like a Mag-Lite does? Am thinking about buying one of these, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks :D

Adjustable beam

Not like a Mag lite. But the beam is more intense if it is concentrated. I keep mine about 1/3 above smallest.

Yes, at its widest setting, it is like a MagLite.

But, you have a lot more lattitude of adjustment while still maintaining light in the center of the beam. I also own a 6P, and I think the Scorpion has it all over it for general purpose use. Cheaper too!

I gotta agree with VictorLouis. At max or close to max spread, there definitely is a dark spot in the center (screwing outward - loosen). There are (at least mine) dark spots on the outer edge (2 - 180° from each other) when screwing in (tightening the reflector). The Scorpions are excellent values as compared to the 6P (of which I have 3).

i have a scorpian streamlight and a surefire. if you have had the chance to try either in the dark they make conventional battery flashlights look like nightlights. i was so impressed i thought the idea of dark spots a relative mute point unless you need to justify the price difference. that said i like both pretty much the same. buy the less expensive or buy them both but i highly recommend at least one. wyatt

A caution to you Scorpion users.

I went out to the darkened laudry room, Scorpion in my front pocket, carried lamp up. In bending down to pick up the clothes, the light turned on! Seems that my leg compresses the tailcap enough to activate it. So, if you are trying to be stealthy, use a belt scabbard for the light.:)

Back