Streamlight M-3's Malfunction Glocks??

Topgun77th

I've been questioned about the Slide On Tac Lights like Sure Fire and the M-3. I've been asked if the reports that these lights are causing malfunctions with Glock's are true. I have not heard of any. The report was the light, when attached, stiffins the frame and it does not flex as designed and slows the slide down enough to cause misfeed or ejection problems. ANy one heard of this? New one to me.
Thanks for the assist.
CLC

I have one on my G21 . It has about 100 rounds through it with the light attached , to make sure the bulb could take it , and no problems yet . Good luck , Mike...

Topgun77th wrote:I've been questioned about the Slide On Tac Lights like Sure Fire and the M-3. I've been asked if the reports that these lights are causing malfunctions with Glock's are true. I have not heard of any. The report was the light, when attached, stiffins the frame and it does not flex as designed and slows the slide down enough to cause misfeed or ejection problems. ANy one heard of this? New one to me.
Thanks for the assist.
CLC

I have not heard any reports of the I.T.I. M3 Tac Lights causing malfunctions.

The Glock frame is not designed to flex. While the polymer may allow a small amount of flex in some areas of the receiver (i.e. the dust cover and the magazine well), the frame rails are not designed to flex. Sounds like a Camode Commando has been playing with Mr. Hanky again.

Thanks for the information. Brother or Sister Blades 67, I was told by the senior glock instructor at an armourer's school in September that the frame including the slide rails do flex which is what causes those half moon looking marks that occure underneath the forward part of the slide by the rails. They all get them after a few hundred round and never get any worse. Glocks guy said that the marks come from the frame flexing under recoil, make the indentations and never get any worse. Thanks again for the information.
CLC

Myself and a couple of other club members have literally a couple of thousand rounds through our G35's with the M-3 lights and have never had failures on the Glocks part. We have run into the light itself not working every time though. The lights are always attached even when shooting in daylight so I don't know if there is excessive pounding going on or what. Kind of annoying and potentially dangerous when you run into it. Has anyone else run into this?

Topgun,

That's the annoying part. Nothing is actually breaking. It's like the contacts aren't working sometimes. Most of the time they work just fine and every once in awhile it fails. Work the switch back and forth a couple of times and your back in business.

Erick, what kind of issues have you seen? Are they more common with the G-22's or is it a problem with some from every calibre?
Talk to me, Goose!
C

Back