strange Win 95

Estonian

Inactive
hi,
got a strange break open single shot shotgun. The receiver of Winchester 1895 has been altered. Barrel octagonal for 1/3 length. Sorry, pics are too small. Anyone has an idea if it was factory made?

Attachments

• win.closeup.jpg
    win.closeup.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 376
  • win.genview.jpg
    win.genview.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 350
How about a picture of the action? it looks interesting, but I think I can pretty well say nothing like that ever came out of the Winchester factory.

Jim

How about a picture of the action? it looks interesting, but I think I can pretty well say nothing like that ever came out of the Winchester factory.

Apparently you've been alive since the Volcanic Repeating Arms Co became Winchester Repeating Arms Company, back in 1866. ;)

I think it may be a gun smith creation. I too never saw a Winchester model such as that. The other possibility is perhaps it was a prototype which was redesigned into a different looking/named model, basically an experimental gun which was never mass produced.

more on the strange gun

hi,
I gave the gun to a friend. Next time I dissemble it and upload the photos. Maybe some of you guys can make something out of it. Interestingly enough it has a serial number. Another friend of mine took a dive into internet and found out the part with the serial number was made in 1914.

I think it must be a local blacksmith creation. Wait until I put more and bigger pics on the net. Maybe somebody recognises which different guns' parts besides the WIN 95 were used.

Back