• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Strange Happenings

HankL

Messages > Re: Strange

My vB Home Edit Profile Edit Options Edit Password Edit Buddy List Edit Ignore List Private Messages

Delete? Jump to folder: Inbox Sent Items » Message Tracking

sensop

Re: Strange
Oh, like a text "listing" of all the folders. That sounds like an FTP display. That IS strange. Put this in Suggestions, Questions and Tech Support and see if LetsFetz has an answer. I am unaware of any problems right now.

- Bud

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HankL wrote on 10-27-2002 11:41 AM:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sensop wrote on 10-27-2002 10:36 AM:
You mean you got the Forum Summary page instead of the "Front Door"?

quote:

HankL wrote on 10-27-2002 11:34 AM:
When I pointed my browser to TFL I came up the the index instead of the opening page.

No, I mean that instead of the front door I got to THE INDEX as in the index of the web site!

I got the folder index page also about 20 min. ago, but only for a short while. The front door is now back on its hinges. Since this issue is now out in the open, I would strongly suggest that if we know the reason, we take steps to prevent it for obvious security reasons.

Mal, I don't have a clue. I am using IE 6.02800.1106C0 and all I did was to use the link that I have in my favorites.

The index of directorys seemed secure enough. I was able to get on the site by going to forums but when I tried to go to images my access was denied.

Aren't computers wonderful :>(

Back