• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Stoopid question from compooter retard

reloader28

I dont have any idea what all this stuff is at the top of this typing page and dont want to know.
I would like to use the faces on the right once in a while though. But every time I try, all I get is letters and symbols of some kind or other. How do you do this or is my compooter junk? I didnt see anywhere that told me.

The box o' smilies at the left is what you're talking about, I assume. When you click on one with your mouse, the code for that smilie is placed at the current location of the text cursor in the composition window. When you submit the post, that code is translated back into the graphic smilie. You can view what the smilie will look like in your completed post by using the "Preview Post" button right next to the "Submit Reply".

By the way, if you want to know what those thingies are up at the top, move your mouse cursor to each one without pressing a mouse button and a short description should be given at the location of the cursor.

Thank you very much sir.
On my compooter the faces are on the right.
As for the stuff on top here, I read them but I dont know what indents and links and aligns are.
Please dont tell me what they are, unless I really need to know.
Going to give the face a try.
:D
Thanks alot.....it worked!

I only use a few of the up top stuff but the 3 letters under the word "fonts" is BOLD italics and underline. Just type 'tween the bracketed letters...
quote.gif

is the "quote" button and...
insertimage.gif
is a way to post pics straight from your 'puter to the forum but I prefer to use my photobucket account and post links...
Hope this helps further.
Brent

Thanks Brent. I was wondering how to do this, just didn't want to feel too stoopid with all the questions yet.
I'm still trying to learn how to spell right!;):D

Back