Stolen Rifle......

hitechman

Inactive
Stolen Monday, July 10th between the hours of 10:30am and 1:30pm in Southern Gratiot County (Michigan).

Details: Action is a savage target action. Right bolt/left port. Stock is a savage F class stock. The barrel is a 30" Criterion Bull. Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. The scope is a NightForce NXS 8-32 x 56 - Moar T reticle with illumination.

It is a unique and easily identifiable rifle. Any information leading to its recovery would be greatly appreciated.

485432_dd215a920723957d88a74c9f963d0954.jpg

Sorry for your loss, Looks like a nice rifle.
Was it a house burglary?

There are a few sites on the internet dedicated to keep a stolen gun database.
Check google the only one I can remember off hand is http://www.hotgunz.com

It's a long shot but maybe you'll get lucky.
Don't forget to report it to the police asap, It's the law here in Ohio I'd assume Michigan has similar law,

I think they keep a list so if it's ever ran by police hopefully they can get it back to you.
At the very least you'll cover your ass if it ever shows up somewhere unsavory.

The only thing legally unique is the serial number. I think there is one on the scope, too.
The only thing that counts is a police report.

Nobody cares, you will have to hit every pawn shop, gun store, and gun show you can get to with that police report in hand, the police are not searching for stolen goods.

Very true.

I once had to track down a hit-and-run driver myself, because the police didn't have time for it.
After finding the vehicle and passing along all available information and some 1-hour photos that I had developed, the officer in charge of the case reaffirmed: "If you hadn't found [the driver and owner], they would have gotten the vehicle fixed and eliminated all of the evidence before we ran across them**. We just don't have enough time for stuff like this..."

**(Aside from the time afforded to the suspect(s) by typical delays in finding a hit-and-run driver, the owner of the car worked at a collision repair shop. :rolleyes:)

Back