stoeger sterlingworth

ocharry

hi guys,,i recently aquired a stoeger sterlingworth 20ga. side x side,,,it has side locks and cocked indicators very nice engraving and wood,,double triggers,,color cased receiver,,cross bolt lock

nice old shot gun,,,but i can't find it anywhere??

any of you guys know anything about when it was made and maybe the value??

i'm lost on this one

thx
ocharry

pics, especially of any markings on the flats and water table would be nice. Stoeger ran the gamut from decent to cheap over the last 100+ years or so, so if it is indeed a sidelock (as opposed to a boxlock with fake sideplates), that is something to investigate.
Where was it made?

Ok I will try and get pics in the morning.....

So how can I tell if they are really side locks...I dont think I want to take it apart???

Ocharry

Ok I tried to put an attachment on here ...says its to big...so I need some help with pics...please

Thx
Ocharry

yeah i tried to follow the way to do it and it still won't post

i tried it in the place down there to practice,,software and function testing and it worked fine,,pic is there so i came here did the same thing and it doesn't work??? i messed with it for a couple hrs. and finally gave up,,,,

SO,,,if you guys want pics to help me out i guess you can PM me with your email and i will send them that way,,,,

i don't get it,,,i know i have posted pics before

it always tells me the file is to big but i can't find a way to resize them

should be a simple thing,,,lol,,,but i haven;t been able to work any magic

anyway i will try again i guess ,,,i got to be missing something

but i really would like some info on this fine little 20,,it is a sweety

FITASC,,,,i am almost positive it is a real side lock you can see the pins in the rear of the lock where things are mounted
also on the rib it says Spain

i think i have a nice sxs here but i cant find anything about it anywhere

ocharry

Well there was no pic here BUT the discription sounds pretty darn close

When was that auction?? Looks like 2002

I would say this one is at least 98%+++ maybe better. 99%++

Thx Jim that more than I had for sure

Ochary

If it is a Spanish gun (and it will have proof marks on the barrels and water table), then it should be a decent gun.

Yes a spanish gun for sure...from what I have found thanks to the lead jim gave me these guns were made for stoeger by a bigger name outfit ,,, can remember the guys name,,, but everything I read says a quality gun for the money,,

I know it sure handles nice,,,, and yes,,, proof marks on water table and barrels

thx for getting me pointed in the right direction,,,, especially Jim Watson,,,,, once I knew what to look for there was all kinds of stuff about it

me thinks it aint just a stoeger

ocharry

Stoeger doesn't make anything; they import things. In the past it was quality stuff; today it is cheap price point guns that they sell.

Back