Stoeger Shotguns

Brenda

I would like to read some opinions on the IGA/Stoeger Condor Supreme Deluxe O/U shotgun.

I found one up for bid at gun-broker starting at $425.00. If it was for that stinkin' truck payment:(

I have an Uplander, 12 gauge SxS. Always wanted a double and the Stoeger price was right. I was concerned about reliability and durability, but talked to several Cowboy Action shooters using Stoeger Coach Guns, who shoot LOTS of shells, and nobody had problems. It's not fancy, but it makes a nice field gun.

Brenda, what would it be used for?

O/Us are pricey because it takes handwork to make a good one, with both barrels hitting the same POI. Inexpensive O/Us are oft not regulated, and like SXSs of that nature, more trouble than they're worth.

OTOH, I handled and shot one recently, belonging to one of the elderly trapshooters I know. He shot it OK and it handled nicely. I missed most of the birds I went after, it's a lot faster swinging than my 870 TB, and I shot over the birds, but that's not the gun's fault.

IMO, the Stoegers are OK for light use, hunting and/or a little light target work. I doubt they could stand up to the constant pounding a clay games gun gets.

My advice would be to look around for a used SKB, Winchester 101, Berreta or Browning. It'd cost more but satisfaction is more likely....

Back