Stoeger semi-auto shotguns...

ATN082268

Does anyone own or have any experience with currently produced Stoeger semi-auto shotguns? The inertia system sounds interesting but I don't want one if the quality is spotty. Thanks.

I had one of the 2000's a few years ago. It worked every time I pulled the trigger and was lightweight. I can't comment about the newer versions. I liked mine well enough, but after owning it about a year ran across a used Benelli M-1 at a very good price. I kept both guns for about another year. I still had no complaints about the Stoeger. It wasn't finished as well as the Benelli, but was a lot less expensive if both had been purchased new. As it was I didn't have much more money tied up in the Benelli. After a year I just couldn't justify keeping both and was able to sell the Stoeger at a profit.

They use the same inertia system, but there are some differences. They don't operate exactly the same.

I got the Franchi instead and love it. It has actual Italian guts in it. I think the Stoeger quality issues are fixed now but I read some bad reviews on a duck hunting forum a few years ago.

I've had the M-3500 for about 3 maybe 4 years now. In that time I've ran several thousand shells through it without any issues in function providing that I meet the minimum load required to cycle the action.

The only issue I ever had with my gun is when I first bought it the bolt handle would fall off when I fired a 3 1/2" shell but a call to Stogers customer service quickly resolved that issue.

They are solid. The poor extractor on the M3000 has been upgraded. While the M2000 had some issues, those were remedied with the M3000. My 14 year old shoots the P3K which is a worked over M3000 Patrick Kelley signature series from MOA Precision.

Back