Stoeger or cimmaron 1866 yellowboy

yournodaisy

I know Uberti makes them both, but does one importer have a better finished product than the other? I was set on cimmaron, but found a stoeger locally, and I would rather buy locally then order.

T - I have no experience with the rifle you are asking about but I did just get done making a decision on what to buy in regards to Uberti, Cimarron or Taylor. I wanted a 4 3/4" .357 "Bisley". I talked with an experienced salesman at the gun shop where I have purchased a number of handguns from - they've been in business for probably 60+ years.

Anyway - I asked him in regards to Uberti, Cimarron or Taylor as I have often heard that Cimarron had a little bit better quality. They have had new guns come through their shop from all three places and his opinion was that "Uberti makes them all and I can't tell the difference other than perhaps a "special finish" that Cimarron or Taylor may offer from time to time as a "special finish".

I had to wait a couple weeks for the Bisley to come in and I picked it up the day before yesterday. It is absolutely beautiful. Great fit and finish, clean crisp lock up and trigger - I couldn't be happier and it's marked Stoeger on the barrel. I'm very happy that I had them order it from Uberti as it saved some $$ over what it would have been from the other two suppliers.

I'm currently shooting an Uberti 1851 Navy and it too, is a well made and very satisfying revolver to shoot. Personally, I'd have no problems with ordering from Uberti again - not saying the other suppliers aren't good as I'm sure they are but they were also priced higher and for me, I can't see paying more for the same thing.

Back