Stoeger Longfowler SXS

I've got several thousand rounds through one and it's as tight as when new. It does have the unfortunate propensity of bump firing occasionally.

Unless something has changed, Stoeger has a long history of problems with the single triggers on Uplander Supremes and Coach Guns, which have the same action as the Longfowler. I would opt for an Uplander with 2 triggers. They are pretty popular in Cowboy shooting, which is tough on guns. The Stoegers are not Purdeys, but they are fairly serviceable. I bought one I was intending to use in Cowboy shooting and carried it around the farm quite a bit familiarizing myself with it and I shot surprisingly well with it. If you are going to go with an inexpensive SxS, best keep things simple.
Note; they obviously have made some that worked okay, but they also have made way too many that did not.

Ugh

I got to handle one at Cabelas. The action was shockingly stiff. This is typical for Stoeger but still... It did not feel good to open or mount. I can only image what the trigger was like though. It might be an adaquate backup marsh gun I guess

If that is your thought, why bother? Just get a cheap pump that you known will go bang instead. Cheap SxS guns, are never a good deal.

My only thought here is a) you are correct but b) if enough people buy these tanks maybe another company will come out with a better version of that rig that is still affordable. Ducking with a double is a great experience too! I prefer them to pumps (but not a good SA obviously).

I have an older Savage Fox in 20 I used to use duck hunting before lead was banned - still goes bang and I have a box of 3" #2s I'm trying to figure out what to do with..................Lots of fun using that "back in the day";)

Back