"Stockpiling" Question

JimmyPlicket

Inactive
I own a 22 LR and I'm trying to get a 22 pistol. I like the 22 ammo b/c it's cheap and relatively abundant. I live in Illinois and was wondering if there are any laws or rules that dictate how much ammo you can store?

If there is, it'll likely be covered under local fire codes. If I were you, I'd probably ask a firefighter.

Depends on how big your basement and or garage are. Also the wife gets a little Pee-ohed when she runs out of room for her shoes in the closet. :D

I'd hope that there isn't...

Let's see, if you stick one box in one kitchen cabinet, and another in another keeping them separate to a good degree, a box in your attic, a few under the house, one or two inside the air conditioning register, a couple in each closet, I suspect even the fire department would have too much to say about that. I'd be more worried about a bad wire or a gas leak then I would about the safety of .22 ammo. Why should any of us even have to consider asking questions like this? Where am I living? Bizarro world? Maybe...

Well, of course not! Why would the gov't restrict something like that for a law-abiding citizen?? :barf:
Store it properly, fire safe, and enjoy.

Back