Stocked cap & ball revolver?

Maser

Yesterday at Thanksgiving I was talking with one of my cousins who is still into the whole blackpowder thing just like I used to be when I had my black powder revolver. Anyways, his mom had moved in with her new boyfriend and he's a very talented woodworker. My cousin don't have internet access yet because of the move so I told him I would ask this qusetion for him. What I want to know is if it's legal for a black powder revolver to have a stock on it. I know the NFA laws are pretty much the same in all states, but don't know if they apply to black powder firearms.

In most states, blackpowder weapons are not considered firearms and are thus not subject to the rules of the NFA. I may be wrong on this; but that's what I have heard and seen.

Check your laws before doing anything.

I would tend to agree with OneInTheChamber, but would caution that you should be careful that the stock won't fit any of your cartridge handguns.

The right thing to do is to write to the BATF--then you have a letter on hand if you ever get pinged.

Well, thanks anyways guys. I will just tell my cousin to wait until he gets internet access again and then email the BATF.

Back