stock?

old fart

i just bought a maverick 88 and after getting it home and together i found the stock is a little to long for me. what is the cheapest way to get a shorter stock? thanks

YouTube can help !!!

That is a darn good question and one solution is to take it to a "Smith". If you are handy, you can do it yourself. I do mine, using a 10" electric miter saw, what I call a Chop-Saw". I use a good 80-T carbide blade. Also you will have to establish, "your" length of pull before cutting. .... :confused:

Again, I refer you to YouTube for both. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

"...a 10" electric miter saw..." Or a mitre box. However, that doesn't work well on synthetic stocks that may or may not be solid.
A Maverick 88 is a low end M500. You can put any wood butt stock made for a 500 on an 88 and cut it to your LOP. Gunparts wants $19.95 for a wooden forend and stock with a ventilated recoil pad for a 500. A used, unfinished, butt stock alone is the same money.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1437590
You find your LOP by grasping a yard stick like you would a firearm. Where your trigger finger comes on the stick is your LOP. Plan 'B' is to put the yard stick in your bent elbow and grasp it. Where your finger comes is your LOP too.

Back