stock

sako2

I posted in the smithy section and didn't get any reply's so i'm posting here. looking for a stock for a sako 75 anyone know where I might find a take off stock?

only 1 to fit my rifle and its scratched up for $300. Midwest gun works has a new one for $897. They can keep it.

I found three on eBay, all under $300. However, they only fit I & III actions. The one for the I action was the most expensive and was only a rough snapped stock, so it would take the most work. The stocks for the III actions was a factory synthetic and a wood stock, you could buy both for less than $300.

What's wrong with your current stock?

You might try calling Boyd's. They don't currently inlet for a Sako 75V action but they might if you let them borrow your rifle to measure. Personally I'd go with the $300 stock on eBay and refinish it.

What's wrong with your original stock?

Bob's Gun Parts, Boyd's(75-1 only, but Varmint stocks are there too), Berretta USA(the Sako U.S. Distributor) all list stocks for M75's. Mostly Short actions only except for Berretta. Berretta has wood, synthetics and laminates running around $300.
Listed under "store/gun-accessories/accessories-for-rifles-and-carbines/accessories-for-sako" on their site.

taylorce1 it has a crack by the back action screw. Have a request in at boyd's. I got some gorilla wood glue down in the crack and clamped it. Can hardly see it. I'm hoping it holds.

Sako2, wasn't sure what you have or wanted, maybe a little more specific? I checked with a local shop that used to do a lot of stock swapping from wood to synthetic and dealt a lot with guides and Sako Rifles. At one time they had lots of them in various flavors but not anymore.
What cal do you have? There are a few of the short magnum stocks out there, the others...a bit tougher.

Back