Stock Removal on Synthetic 1100

Gary H

O.K., so I'm really dumb.

Once the recoil pad is removed, there is a large metal end-piece with a groove on the end. This end nut is hollow and I must assume that the interior of this end-nut is the recoil spring's playground. I thought that a large screwdriver into the groove and turn would remove this piece and with it the stock. Well, it didn't turn and I don't want to force it without making sure that this is what I want to do. How do you remove the stock?

Gary, you're on the right track but sometimes these retaining nuts can be a little stubborn to remove. Make sure your screwdriver fits the slot snugly. You may need a third hand here. I use a stock tool with a T-handle but you can probably have a friend hold the shotgun with the muzzle against a carpeted floor or other non-marring surface, insert your screwdriver and turn the driver with a wrench while applying pressure with your other hand. George

A wrench and some muscle took care of it. I just didn't want to put that much muscle until I was sure that I was on the right track.

I'm well on my way to installing a stock extension and pad.

Back