Still waiting on tax stamp.

What's the wait these days plouffedaddy... around 12 weeks still, or have they picked up the pace a bit?

C

I called them on Aug 15 and they said my application was approved and they would be shipping my stamp to my dealer within 30 days.

I am told the wait time is 6-7 months from the time they cash your check. It usually takes about 1-2 weeks for them to cash the check when they receive the check.

I ordered my 45/70 suppressor the end of January... it took AWC about 5 months to build the suppressor...

then if the suppressor is from out of state the NFA has to sign off on that... typically about 1 month. Then once your dealer gets the suppressor you can fill out the paper work, and wait 6-7 more months....

its actually so pathetic its funny :rolleyes:

Deja Vu,

I am not referring to the total time-frame of sending in the paperwork to getting the tax stamp, which does take anywhere from 5-7 months.

I am referring to the fact that I called the NFA branch on the status of my application, they said it was approved and to expect it within 30 days.
It's been 24 days already. These people really like to wear on my patience.

Stamp at dealer

I have an unusal thing, my dealer has my stamp BUT he does not have my suppressor. The suppressor is a Gemtech and they recalled it april 22 and have not returned the suppressor to dealer. Recall said 2 to 3 weeks turn around.
I have a bill of sale, federal tax stamp and no suppressor!

Back