Stiff Safety on Taurus PT940?

MakAttack

I purchased a new blue PT940 a few weeks ago. One trip to the range with a single 50 round box of ammo was un-eventful. The gun worked as it should, was accurate & never failed to feed, eject or fire. :D

However, I have noticed that when I handle the gun at home, using the decocker can be difficult. The lever snaps up into "cocked & locked" position easy enough, but the force needed to push the lever down to drop the hammer is very inconsistant. Sometimes it is midly resistant to thumb pressure. Other times I cannot get the hammer to drop unless I apply thumb pressure to BOTH safety levers simultaneously, or reach up with an index finger and push down on the lever (there is more leverage using the index finger). :eek:

I thought maybe it was burr somewhere on the linkage, but many repeated hammer drops (with an unloaded gun) have not resulted in a smoother operation. I do seem to remember that the decocker did work well enough when I range tested the gun; could the force in which the slide is racked back & forth have something to do with it? :confused:

Thanks,

Mak

------------------
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
Thomas Alva Edison

[This message has been edited by MakAttack (edited April 27, 2000).]

Back