Sticky mosin bolt help

Ultra12

Bolt was fine until I took it apart. It shot fine before( when i was testing it after purchase even after 30 -40 rounds)Put it back together after getting bolt bent. When to a range it was shooting fine and then started to get really sticky. To a point where I couldnt even open it without manually cocking it. Came home to clean and I hear grinding sound took bolt apart and there are grains of sand in a bolt. ***. Cleaned it put it back together and it's still sticky. Once I close the bolt and dry fire it... That's when it sticks. If I just close it and open it it's absolutely fine. Can some one help?

Last edited:
The cocking piece cams out when the bolt is initially rotated. If The the bolt is closed then opened without firing the cocking piece is already back. So i would check the cam area good.

Mosin nagants are known to have sticky bolts. Just use a small ammount of lower viscosity oil on all seams and moving pieces of the bolt. Also make sure the back of the firing spring is propperly aligned with the hash marks on the rear of the bolt.

Good luck to you

Back