Steyr SBS Pro-Hunter

Mac

Inactive
I was considering purchasing one of these and I was wondering what opinions you guys have on them.

Thanks in advance,
Mac

When I first saw the pro hunter I really liked it. Steyr has a great rep for quality, and accuracy. After playing with one for a little while at a gun show, I felt as though it wasnt really that special, I think its the stock that I dont like. A few tables down I saw a Sauer 202....wow. Both were around the same price.

Personaly I still like wood, synthetic's are nice for thumping around the brush, and droping out of tree stands though.

But really my overall opinion wasnt what I thought it would be, I would definatly suggest playing wiht one before you buy it, and if possible shoot it.

Hope that helps

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

I am not familiar with the SBS but I used a Steyr Model M Professional rifle in 30-06 for several years. The rifle had double set triggers and shot way under one minute of angle. I got rid of the QD scope mounts and put on some Beuhler (spelling) mounts and a 30mm 2.5-10 Swarovski scope. I regret selling the rifle. It shot and handled very well.

Back