Steyr S-series

buzz_knox

Has anyone ran into one of these yet? I've looked at the M-series but it seems very top heavy. I'm hoping the S-series will be a bit different.

I've looked at the S-series and they seem like a good pistol. I haven't shot one and I would expect the shoot well.

Mine M-357 doesn't seem top heavy. The bore axis is lower than any centerfire handgun made and the grip angle is 111 degrees like a 1911. The grip is small compared to an Sig, Glock, H&K and maybe this is why it seemed top heavy.

View

The thin grip may be the reason it felt top heavy. It almost seemed that the slide was trying to move forward, levering the weapon out of my hands. I didn't get to spend much time with it as this was at a very packed gun show. With luck, I'll be able to find a M to try out sometime.

I'm waiting for the 45 ACP version. It was to be out by now but according to the reports from the Shot Show it has been delayed another year. Will use Colt 1911 magazines.

No, loading a gun at a gun show is discouraged for some reason. :) Maybe because they are afraid someone would "bust a cap" over the price gouging. $550 for a Glock 27 with regular sights? Yeah, right!

Back