Steyr pro-hunter

JSJ127

I know the trigger is adjustable, but I've been searching and searching and can't find any information about which screws to adjust. There's 2 set screws in the trigger, I know one is for weight and the other is for creep, but I can't remember which is for what. I've adjusted 2 of these in the past with great results but that was years ago. Anyone?

Sako triggers are really really easy to adjust (Model 75 and 85), all you need is a 2.5mm allen wrench. Drop the magazine, insert wrench into trigger unit until it seats in the set screw turn counter clockwise to reduce pull weight. No need to even take the action out of the stock.

Steyr triggers are also really easy to adjust with no need to even remove a magazine. The adjustments on an SBS or a Scout (still kicking myself for trading the Scout) are on the trigger face for pull and take up. My SSG has the take up screw on near the top of the trigger shoe, and the pull weight behind the trigger, both easy to access.

Both Steyr and Sako also include instructions on trigger adjustment in the owner's manuals. Of course they tell you to have a qualified gunsmith or armorer make the adjustments.... then tell you exactly how to do it.

I also have a Benelli MP95 (competition .22 target pistol) that has a trigger group that is made to be adjustable. It does require that you drop the trigger assembly from the pistol to adjust, but one it's out it is very easy. Just put in back in place and drift the two pins that hold it there back in place.

My Kimber Model 82 Govt' requires the user to take the action from the stock to adjust, but the instructions tell you how to. External adjustments like you find on an Anschutz match rifle would be nice, then again an Anschutz price tag wouldn't be.

Back