Steyr-Mannlicher value/scope mount

SA Scott

My father purchased a Steyr-Mannlicher rifle in Germany in 1971. Bolt action, chambered for .264 Win Mag. It looks comparable to the modern Professional series, with glossed Monte Carlo stock, and spiral fluting/peening on the barrel exterior. The rifle has 22 rounds fired through it, and finish is near 98-99% to my untrained eye.

It is tapped for a scope mount, but I am told a mount would be relatively difficult to find. I would appreciate any feedback on a proper mount and value estimate for this beautiful weapon.

SA Scott. I don't know what the value would be, but for the scope mount, find out who the current importer is, and go through them.
Unfortunately, I don't know who they are. Wish I could,ve been of more help. Maybe someone on the forum knows who they are.
Paul B.

SA Scott
I have a Steyr-Mannlicher rifle just as you describe except mine is chambered for .308.
Can't remember (CRS) the make of the Mounts, rings or scope but do remember that they are American made. I'll dig it out of the gunsafe this weekend and check. Will get back to you next week.
take care.

SA Scott
My Steyr-Mannlicher rifle that I spoke of in the previous post has Leupold base and rings, the base is one piece. The scope is Bushnell. But I suspect the scope and stock has been changed. I got this rifle along with a couple of other guns in a "horse trade" a few years back, cleaned it up, put it in the safe and never fired it. The owner of my local gunshop
told me the value of my rifle was in the ball park with the Remington 700 BDL. Yours may be worth more because I'm sure my gun's stock is not original.

------------------
C.A.V.U.

SA Scott; Your gun is worth twice what a Rem 700 is worth! Contact Don Wood, president of Gun South, Inc, Box 129, Trussville, AL 35173. ph: 205-655-8299, fax: 205-655-7078, for info on a scope mount for your gun. They are the importers of Steyr firearms. Depending on the model of your gun, it may take a Redfield mount for a Browning Rifle, or you may have to get a Steyr Factory Mount. Be forewarned, a Steyr mount is going to be EXPENSIVE!

I put Beuhler mounts and split rings on mine. Hang onto your wallet if you go that route. Also, you'll have to special order.

Back