Steyr Mannlicher Model 1905 Pistol Value

paulj2

Inactive
As the title states, I am curious about the value of this pistol. The caliber is 7.65mm and I have 23 rounds of ammo and 2 stripper clips. I have owned it for approx 30 years and am thinking of selling or trading it. When I first obtained the pistol, a gunsmith rated the shape as "NRA good". Can anyone give me a reasonable estimate of value? I am including a couple photos.

Thanks, Paul

Attachments

• DSCN0409.JPG
    DSCN0409.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCN0410.JPG
    DSCN0410.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0414.JPG
    DSCN0414.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 204
If the gun has not been reblued (I can't tell), it would run around $600+ (retail). If it had the Argentine crest intact (very few do), it would be worth maybe five times that.

A neat gun, it is a delayed blowback and kind of interesting to shoot as it is sort of top heavy. Very accurate, though.

Jim

Thanks for the input. The gun is original, not reblued. Can you tell me where you got the value? I have seen them on the internet for sale between $1000 and $1500. I realize of course the key to that statement is "for sale". I haven't been able to find any sold examples.

I freely admit that any "guesstimate" I make is just that, a guess. In the final analysis, "the price" is whatever the buyer will agree to pay and the seller agree to accept. I use some price guides and my own experience at gun shows and stores; "web" prices are not as good as a guide IMHO since they are often unrealistic and because it is hard to determine what the item actually sells for or if it sells at all.

You asked for a reasonable estimate when you had already researched prices and determined what you feel the gun is worth. Obviously, if you are selling, the name of the game is to get as much as you can.

Jim

Back