Steyr-Hahn extractor question

Satanic Toaster

I have a pair of WWI Steyr-Hahn m1912 pistols that I have a problem with. One is strictly a parts gun at this point for the other and I need to change the extractor out but I cannot figure out how to remove it.

Does anyone know of how to change the extractor on this pistol as well as a place to find a few parts for it?

Thanks in advance.

I can't help with parts except to suggest www.gunpartscorp.com as a possible source.

As for removing the extractor, it is very easy. Using a non-marring tool, like the bullet point of a rifle cartridge, push down and forward on the curved part of the extractor that is just behind the clip guide. The extractor will pop right out. But since the extractor retains the firing pin, be careful that the firing pin doesn't fall out and be lost.

Jim

Thanks for the help. I got the extractor changed out from one pistol to the other. The one I needed to change was pretty much worn completely down.

However the pistol is still having the same problem. I will load the pistol and the slide will feed the round until the slide gets to be about 1/16" out of full lockup and then it will not budge. I have to force the slide back to get the round out of the chamber.

Any ideas as to what might cause this?

The barrel could still be in 9mm P even if the slide is not marked "08" or the frame doesn't have the eagle. It is easy enough to remove the barrel and check the chambering or look for the eagle/N.

Jim

Which ammo are you using? The clips will work with either, but all the ammo I have seen for sale in clips has been 9mm Steyr.

Jim

Back