Steyr AUG-USR differences?

shane

Beyond the PC stock and removal of flash hider, what if any differences are there between the two?

Shane

shansan@hotmail.com

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other b@stard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

I have never seen one with anything other than a grey stock, but they claim there are black and green out there. I don't think the USR has the quick interchangable barrel either because all of the barrels on the market are pre-ban with flash hiders.

The USR's cannot be converted to Class III select fire weapons. Pre-ban AUG's can with the proper paper work and 200$ tax.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

blades67: I hate to tell you, but I've seen a USR converted to full-auto by a Class 2 manufacturer: SOCOM Manufacturing of North Augusta, SC. It had a grey stock stamped USR, you could see where the thumbhole addition had been cut off, and they even fired it at the demonstration.

Daniel, I think he means and still be legal for civilian ownership. The only way I can think of to do the original AUG in C-III now would be a registered DIAS (which I do not even know if they exist) or someone sent the paperwork in and got it approved prior to the 5/86 cut off.

Back