Steyr AUG-A2 .223

A buddy of mine got an AUG when they first came out. Dunno the designation, but they sold for $300-$400? Something like that.

It shoots pretty accurately; he likes his; I never cared for the Bullpup all that much. But $2,400? That's God's way of telling you that you have too much money.

:), Art

I've only seen two Steyr AUG's for sale before - both within the last 3 months. The price for one was $2700 and the other was going for $2800...

There are minor differences between the original A1 and the A2 USR variant. For one, the handle is removal on the A2. No flash suppressor either.

You are right though, it is too much money, thanks to President Clinton and her husband.

thequickad...

Check out the closed auctions on www.auctionarms.com under Steyr AUG (do a search). You'll find that the ones that actually sold went for prices that started around $2,300 and went as high as $4,000. The Blue Book says the black version is the priciest, with 100% condition over $3,000. The AUG is certainly not a practical rifle for anything we could possibly dream of here in America, except for an investment.

I still don't know why they're so expensive, but everytime you turn around, the prices keep going up. So my recommendation is, if you can get one NIB or 99% at a great price ($2,000-$3,000), buy it! You won't go wrong since they do not make them for the civilian market anymore. But for that kind of money, you should be all over the H&K SP89. The resale value will always be getting higher on that little gem.

[This message has been edited by Paul Revere (edited November 29, 1999).]

I believe the AUG A2 was produced for the sporting market here in the states. Only about 3K actually made it into the U.S. prior to latest import ban.

I got this info from and older issue of Guns and Wepons for Law Enforcement, so take this info for what it's worth. But it does seem to explain the AUG A2's astronomical prices.

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Back