Stevens Shotguns

jeffelkins

Can anyone help pin down the approximate manufacturing date of two Stevens shotguns?

1. Stevens M311 - Double-barreled 12 ga.

2. Stevens M67-3 - 20 ga. pump

Thanks

Jefekins:
If you could provide and letters prior to the serial number I may be able to help.

On the 67: is it camo or better yet what is stamped on both guns.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited January 25, 2000).]

Thanks,

No serial number on the double-barrel...it did have stamped on the underside: Model 311A.

The 20 ga pump has a brown wood stock, not camo. The only numbering I could find was: E870069.

I bought these for $75 apeiece from a nephew-in-law, who had them from his grandfather's gun collection.

JEFEKINS:
According to my records, the 311 was made in 1949 and the 67 I can't tell. From the price you paid you really made an excellant purchase.

HJN

Thanks Harley,

1949...wow :)

I have not had a gunsmith examine the 311, but it looks shootable to me. The stock is a little beat up and the barrel exterior has a very slightly rough feel. Inside, it's clean as a whistle.

A few more questions:

Would this gun be classified as an antique?

Would it be worth my while to have it refinished?

Any idea on it's market value (if refinished)?

Jeffelkins:
If my memory serves, to have it reblued, would run around $300.00, to refinish the stock, if I was still in business, $25.00. I don't know what the cold blue would cost, andd would not be able to determine a value once refinished.

HJN

Back