Stevens Model 311 - owners manual

Jeff Thomas

I have an old Stevens shotgun:

On the frame it reads 'Stevens Model 311, Savage Arms Corporation, Chicopee Falls, Mass. U.S.A.' and on the other side, 'Model 311A'.
On the barrels (28"): 'Selected Forged Steel', and on the other 'Proof Tested 12 Gauge, 2 3/4 Inch Chamber'
Underneath the barrels: 'UBAE' (with the 'A' and the 'E' in circles)

I gather this is a variation of a very common SxS double-barreled shotgun. And, I understand that Savage Arms took over the Stevens company years ago.

I have contacted Savage several times by phone and once by letter, requesting an owners manual for this shotgun. While it's not a critical deal, I like to have manuals for any firearm I own. Savage has never responded to my requests - I can't get a manual or even a 'no'. No response.

Harley, do you (or anyone else on the board) know where I can obtain an owners manual for this 311? I'm not sure of its age, but perhaps the markings will help.

Thank you. Regards from AZ

Jeff:
I don't have the owner's manal, but I do have the photo and descriptive assem/disassem of the 311 If you would like to have it.

HJN

Bob Harlock at AAAandA@aol.com has the manual you need, and also for just about any firearm you could possibly imagine.

Harley, I'm thinking of buying the set of Gun Digest Books - those will probably have the photos and assembly / disassembly, right?

And BBINJ, thanks for the tip. I've sent an email to Bob, and I hope he can help me out.

Thanks very much, to both of you. Happy Thanksgiving.

Back