Stevens model 225 sxs shotgun

dougds47

Inactive
At an auction I purchased a Stevens model 225 double barrel shotgun missing the double barrels. I would appreciate any help in finding the barrels for sale.

I'd like to welcome you to TFL, but IMO finding a bbl set for an arcane hammergun that hasn't been made since just after WWI is like looking for the proverbial hen's tooth.

If your search does turn up a bbl set, be aware that it's vital to know what the original gauge was, since AFAIK 12ga bbls are too wide (between the firing pins) for a 16ga frame & 16ga bbls aren't wide enough for a 12ga frame.

THEN, a bbl set would need to be professionally fitted to the frame/receiver.

All that, for what will most likely end up a wallhanger, after a competent double gunsmith (not some AR parts-changer) inspects it.

Besides which, they just won't stand up the the pressures of ANY modern ammo - including so-called "low brass" or "target" loads.

I don't mean to be a buzzkiller for you, but it is what it is. :(

Last edited:
The Stevens Model 225 was manufactured between 1906 and 1910. Production was short lived and further complicated by the fact that Stevens changed their method of manufacturing barrels, going form a mono-block system to a chopper lump system, which they called Demi-Bloc shortly after the Model 225 was introduced. I do not believe that the mono-block barrels will interchange with the Demi-Bloc barrels on the Model 225.

Selling your Model 225 for parts (Model 225 parts are scarce) and investing in a complete double barrel is the practical approach to your problem.

Heck, I cant even find a set of barrels for a Stevens 311A and they made about a gazillion of them.:eek:

Back