Stevens Model 200

dal22ses

Fisrt I am looking for an affordable range bolt action. I found a Stevens 200 at Dicks for $179 on salewith a simmons scope. I really want a savage with the accutrigger (I know stevens & savage are the same), but this deal just seemed really good. I Just thought I would try to get some feedback on this rifle. Good or bad?

Thanks

Sorry Wakerider,

This is not one of those times when "you get what you pay for."

I have a Stevens 200 in .223. I got it cuz it was really cheap. It's an amazingly accurate firearm. It absolutely deserves an upgrade on the optics. It is significantly more accurate than my Rem. 700 .22-250.

Hurry and get it. I got a Stevens in .223 for coyote hunting. excellent gun and trigger is easy to adjust. Mine shot a 1" group with Wolf ammo ( 5 shots ). Can't wait to try handloads. I adjusted the trigger to 4.5lbs and am happy with that. And I paid 279 sans scope.

All the Stevens is is a pre-accutrigger Savage. The scope will last you for awhile but you will probably want to change it out for a better scope. I would jump on this deal like yesterday because around here they are running $279 - $299 without scope.

well after looking at it today I decided not to get it. I reallydo not like the feel of it plus it is only a single shot. I think I will hold off & buy something a little nicer feeling in a few months. By that time I can save some extra mioney & put it aside for a savage model 111 with thumbhole stock. Just saving the money with the wife is hard.:D

Single shot??

That must be something different that what I am thinking of. I have never seen a single shot Stevens 200. I have one in 22-250 and I like it. I plan on upgrading the trigger to a timney after the new year.

I have a Stevens 200 in .243 and it aint no single shot, what it is is a great bargain of a rifle that shoots great. It isn't an expensive custom gun or even an expensive production gun, but right now it is the best deal going on a centerfire bolt action rifle. I really like mine. For $179 I would buy two of them, maybe three. One in 7mm-08, one in 30-06, and one in .308.

I'm with RJM. Buy all they have. The Dick's near me says that they don't carry that gun??? Even though 6 months ago they did have them for $251 dollars. :confused:

ok I am back on for getting this rifle. I am going to go there tomorrow afternoon & pick one up. The have a few left & haven't been selling them according to the guys there. They have 2 calibers in stock, which caliber is better for target use. The only other thing I will need is a decent scope for 50 yrds.

30-06 or 270?

Thanks

ok I am back on for getting this rifle. I am going to go there tomorrow afternoon & pick one up. The have a few left & haven't been selling them according to the guys there. They have 2 calibers in stock, which caliber is better for target use. The only other thing I will need is a decent scope for 50 yrds.

30-06 or 270?

Thanks

30-06 or 270Win for 50yds? :eek: That might be the most extreme case of over kill I've ever seen!

30-06 or 270Win for 50yds? That might be the most extreme case of over kill I've ever seen!

dal22ses, do you have a 100+yd range you can go to?

Either of those calibers can reach out much further than 50yds.

My Stevens 200 in 223
223-2.jpg

My Stevens 200 223 at 100 yards with my hand loads...
t2.jpg

That's all I have to say about that.:D

Back