Stevens 84c Serial number

Derekadavis

i recently bought a stevens 84c .22 bolt gun. After about a hour of searching found no serial number on the gun. searched this site and learned that its pre 1968. If i was to get pulled over with this in my car (on the way to the range), what would the leo say. Is there a law(im in tx) preventing me to carry this in my car or owning it? What should i tell the leo? Is there a chance he will beileve me? is there some law i could print out to show him if i do get questioned?

Thanks.

Exactly.

You can't be held accountable for a firearm not having a serial number if the manufacturer never put one on it and the law at the time didn't require one .

Tell whoever asks that it was manufactured prior to 1968 and was not required at the time of manufacture to have a serial number and is therefore exempt from needing one.

There are tons of old guns out there with no serial numbers. You'll be just fine so long as it is a model of gun that was actually made back then :-)

If you are really, really concerned about it, for $100 I will put your fears at ease and you can mail it to my FFL... :D

Back