Stevens 59a vs 39a

Cheapshooter

What are the differences in these two 410 bolt guns? In my old age:D I am looking to replace some of the guns of my youth foolishly sold, or traded in years past. The Stevens 59a was the first shotgun that was all mine. I've been looking for one in good, a bootable condition, and seems they are pretty few, and far between. I did see a very nice Model 39a at a gun show yesterday. Only slight metal finish wear, and scratches & dings in the wood. I didn't look down the tube to see what the bore looked like, but everything else was very good. The asking price was $190, but I might be able to work that down a bit.
So my main questions are is there that much difference in the 59a, and 39a, and is a buck ninety a decent price should I decide to not worry about the detail of model number, and just go for "close enough"?

We are all different. I have sold at least a hundred guns, and I have only really ever missed two. My first shotgun, a Mossberg bolt action 20, is absolutely not one of those two.

Back