Stevens 425

Guv

Any experts on this gun? What a short life span for what looked like a relatively modern well made gun for the time. Maybe Remington's straight rimmed cartridges????? That didn't seem to hurt the 8 and 81 Rems.

Thanks natman!
I'm going on 57 and never had heard of one until recent discussions on here. Need to get out from under my rock more often.:o

I'm going on 57 and never had heard of one until recent discussions on here. Need to get out from under my rock more often.

You are never too young to learn something. Years ago I was offered two chances by an old man retired Navy to pick up something. I was too ingnorant to listen to what he was saying and trying to tell me. These days I kick myself.

Item 1...A 1911 numbers matched US Gov. 1911. I passed since it didn't fit my hand. It was a Singer. He had the doc.s to tie it to him and WW2.

Item 2... a 44-40....Merwin & Hulbert in Very Good Condition (it was Beautiful). 44-40??? what's that??? It even had the box and papers.

I was offered both at a SCREAMING DEAL for the time. I now wish I would have listened to that old man. Now I keep learning... and I have hit the 1/2 century mark. Keep learning.

Back