Stevens 325B?

hoytinak

Got a friend who's wanting to sell his Stevens 325B to help pay for a AK-74. I've shot the rifle and actually like the way it shoots, and thinking it'd be a decent lightweight deer rifle so I might offer to buy it.

It's in really good condition with no rust spots, the woods been refinished so what should I offer him? Also, would it be possible to drill/tap it if I wanted to add a scope?

Looks like those little guns are going for 250-300 on the auction sites. B Square makes a side mount, #BSQ-14600. I've always liked plain-Jane bolt-guns like the Savage 340, Remington 788's and 78's.

I'd offer $200 and have the cash in the form of ten $20 bills for him to see. If he won't bite for $200, have a pocket full of tens & fives and go as high as $300.

This older Stevens has been in our family for many decades. The original finish was looking poorly so I refinished it - came out nicely.

These are sturdy rifles and accurate, too.

Jack

Stevens30-30.jpg

Well, I got it for $200 with 125 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution (alot of the ammo I traded for the Mosin M44 not too long ago :p)....I'd say I got a good deal :D

I have decided I'm going to fit a grind-to-fit Limbsaver recoil pad on it and then see about scoping it.

Back