Stevens 320 shotgun?

Glock Guy

18639fe6-febd-41fc.jpg
I bought this today. Now just want to hear what everybody thinks about it good and bad. It won't hurt my feelings. The gun wasn't but $235 new out the door. I wanted a HD shotgun but didn't want to sink a 1000 dollars into a gun i hopefully never have to use.

It looks like the Win 1200/1300 design which is proven. With Savage monitoring quality control, my bet is that this is a well-made shotgun. I've never seen such a long fore end but can't think of how it would cause a problem.

My advice: scrub and polish chamber, shoot the heck out of it, and buy a Wolf mag spring as a back-up. This advice applies to all pumps and auto shotguns--not just Savage.

I think that you did well. Oh, and you might browse Brownell's for a high quality magazine tube follower.

I bought one a few weeks ago for a friend (who had no firearms) who recently had an attempted break in while they were home. We took it out and ran some light loads through it and some 000 buckshot. They got the hang of it quickly and the shotgun ran great. I liked it well enough that when the new Cabela's flyer came yesterday I went back and bought one for myself. Cabela's even refunded the difference between the sale price and the price I paid for the first one.

I'll clean the packing oil off the new one, take it out and run some loads through it. Then load it up with 000 and park it in the corner.

At just a touch over 2 bills for a decent pump defensive shotgun it's a bargain. Not sure how it would hold up to thousands of rounds but this one won't see 1000 in my lifetime.

...won't see 1000 rounds...."

Bad idea and bad preparation. There's way more good defensive shotguns out there than good defensive shotgunners.

The shotgun is not A Magic Amulet, shielding one from evil by its mere presence. WE have to become effective to make our shotguns effective.

Go shoot yours. Clays, starlings, landfill rats,steel plates, whatever. Run that round count up until it's a body part and not just a tool you're holding.

Install some wear marks and see how well it responds and how lightning fast it destroys that which you want so.

Mindset, skillset, then toolset.

BTW, most top instructors urge us to put at least 200 rounds (The Ayoob Test) through a prospective defensive tool before posting it as such.

HTH....

Anybody know if any other shotgun attachments will work on the gun. I've looked for different stocks and other things but haven't found anything. I would like a collapsible or telescopic stock for it and maybe some night sights. I'm not trying to sink alot of money into but I would like it too look alil better to me.

I am looking at the same gun/ Its 175.00 at Buds. I am going to buy it next time I get paid. Hawg Haggen why would you get rid of the pistol grip?

I am also wondering if it will take all the aftermarket parts a Winchester 1300 takes.

Anyone?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the response. Haven't checked my thread in awhile. I'm going for more of a tactical look so I'll let you guys know when I get a new stock for it.

Picked up one at Cabela's and am interested in finding out what add-ons fit. Please post if you know more about this gun.

This is supposedly a Chinese clone of a Win 1200 or 1300. Look into whether or not a stock for one will fit your 320. My personal pref is a standard stock but its your gun. These are supposed to fit Winchesters. http://jackweststocks.com/index_files/Product_List.htm
It doesn't make sense to put a $200 stock on a $235 shotgun...
I'm sure the OP can get a standard stock from Savage, or see if a Ram-Line or Hogue stock from a 1200/1300 will work

I don't now what I was on when I posted that about the Jack West. It only makes sense for shooting claus and I don't think a 320 is well suited for that. Also, I don't know whey I said that they are supposed to fit Winchesters. The Jack West site says certain Remingtons (870, 1100, 1187)

I don't see anything wrong with the pistol grip for home defense. If you have to open a door the pistol grip gives you a bit more holding power for one handed grips while the other hand holds or grabs or fends off whatever.
Just my thinking.

I purchased the 350 Security/Field combo for $210 out of Dicks in February. I put a heat shield on it and good to go. IMO it a nice shooter for a synthetic stock 12 ga.

...won't see 1000 rounds...."

Bad idea and bad preparation
BTW, most top instructors urge us to put at least 200 rounds (The Ayoob Test) through a prospective defensive tool before posting it as such.
:confused::confused::confused:
If he puts 200 rounds through the gun hes accomplished the test. Personally I think the gun will handle way more than 1,000 rounds

Whether the haters like it or not, the China clones are well made and great deals. Stevens, H&R Pardner Pump, Hawk etc. All good. For me, I decided to stick with Mossberg, not because of a lack of quality of the Chinese clones.

Whether the haters like it or not, the China clones are well made and great deals. Stevens, H&R Pardner Pump, Hawk etc. All good. For me, I decided to stick with Mossberg, not because of a lack of quality of the Chinese clones.

That isn't what I heard from a gun repair expert that toured some of the Chinese facilities - for a company that was importing their guns form China. Personally, I think they aren't as bad as some say, and they will get better, but they are not yet on a par with Mossbergs or Remingtons. It's like the Japanese that once only made junk and now turn out quality products. The other major problem with them is accessories and warranty work. Even Pardners have to be returned to the company to fit an extra barrel. Try gettin one for a Hawk. Warranty work shouldn't be a problem with a Stevens or an NEF Pardner, but a Hawk is another story.

Last edited:
"...Pardners have to be returned to the company to fit an extra barrel."
Yes, Remington, as I understand it. I believe Remington does the warranty work as well.

Back