stevens 200

mesabi

I have been reading on here about the Stevens 200 and the Savage rifles. You guys are saying that the Stevens is the pre-accitrigger Savage right? So does that mean all the aftermarket accessories are compatable with both rifles? Is the finish on the steel of the Stevens comparable to the Savages?

Stevens & Savage

I bought a Savage 110fp about 10 yrs ago, well b4 the Accutrigger came along. I have since dropped a Timney trigger into it and am on the list for a replacement stock. 3 weeks ago I got a Stevens 200 for a "project" rifle. It has the exact same action & trigger of my older rifle, a 110 long action. 1st thing to install was a new trigger (Timney). The cal. is 25-06, & it has a 22" sporter bbl on it. After bbl break-in I'll work up some loads and see if I can get any decent groups w/ the factory barrel. If so, I'll leave it be... maybe... or maybe put a 26" varmint barrel and a nice stock on it...maybe. Yeah, in the long run it'll cost more than if I just shelled out for another 110 in 25-06, but I'll have fun tinkering w/ it as funds trickle in. Have not seen the new Savages but I'm reasonably sure that most the after products will fit a Stevens. Maybe check out Savageshooters.com. Thats where i go to get info on my rifles. For the money you can't go wrong with either Sav or Steve.

Back