Steel floorplate for Remington 700

Mike Baugh

I am looking for a steel floorplate assembly for a Remington short action 700 , BDL style . Any idea where I can find one ? Badger makes a very nice one but at $420 installed plus shipping 2 ways , it is a little steep . I would prefer a drop in model so my stock did not have to be altered . Thanks , Mike...

Mike, you can e-mail me if you like. I install the Dakota for about $100 less. I don't know of any "drop-in" replacements available. George

Thanks George . I will probably pass on one unless I find a drop in model . Maybe we should start making some ? Have a nice Turkey day , Mike...

Mike, about 2 months ago I was discussing that very possibility with a friend who has a machine shop. He was looking for a few ideas of "production" parts he could make. After doing a cost analysis and finding that he couldn't beat the prices on what's already on the market he decided it wasn't feasible. The problem with a drop in replacement is that there would be a lot of cases where the wood to metal fit wouldn't be very good. George

Back