Status of the M1A in Ca.

dog3

I have a good old friend that has recently gotten into shooting for the first time since he was a child. And like so many folks he is making up for lost time.

He is interested in doing some distance shooting, and hmming and haaing about what rifle and so forth.

I am very much wanting to *loan* him my M1A for a shoot that he wants to attend. For one thing I think he would really enjoy it. And I trust him implicitly, so I have no problem letting the rifle to him for a extended time. If he likes it, he'll get one built for himself. Its just how he is.

However, I am concerned that the weapon may no longer be legal in that state.

Anyone know if I can ship this rifle (and attendant accessories) to someone in Ca without doing a "transfer" and for that matter, is the weapon even legal there?

thanx in advance.

The M1A is legal in Califirnia IF the flash hider is replaced with a muzzle brake which Springfield now offers pn new rifles. If you want to modify an existing M1A rifle Springfield offers it at $25.

Even if the FS was replaced with the brake, it might not be allowed in the match (that depends on the match, of course). Service Rifle matches don't allow muzzle brakes, for example.

-Troy

Back