State Trooper Shot to Death in Decatur, Indiana

Kittle

Inactive
Just saw a local news special bulletin regarding an Indiana State Trooper shot at an auto parts store just 10 miles from my house. No details available at this time. Apparently he was responding to a robbery call or something. If you are so inclined, may I suggest a prayer or moment of silent thought for the soul of this brave Trooper. Also let's not forget the family and friends of this Trooper.

Just got an update:: Was a traffic stop gone bad, in the parking lot of the auto supply store. Suspect fired in excess of 24 shots at the 26 year old Trooper fatally wounding him.

[This message has been edited by Kittle (edited April 03, 1999).]

Of course, my thoughts will go out to the troopers family and his comrades...

I hope he didn't hesitate to draw or fire his gun becuase of all the BS in the media about the Diallo Case.

------------------
-Essayons

I'm sure all of us are saddened at the criminal act of injuring a peace officer.

I agree Rob, I hope the officer didn't hesitate because of the Diallo affair. And I'd add, I hope some citizen didn't panic and over-react because of the same affair.

There are people on BOTH sides of the Diallo mess who may react inappropriately by either over-reacting or inappropriately hesitating.

I hope the SOB who did this is caught, dead (good) or alive (okay.... I guess).

Most of all, I hope the BG turns out to be a known 3-time loser on bail or parole. I know that won't help the officers or their families, but it would show it wasn't some citizen who went berserk.

My prayer's are with this leo and his family.
It's areal tragedy when this happens and makes me sick to see how the crimals are cuddled by the bleeding hearts....

My only thoughts at this time are for the family and friends of Trooper Elson! I can say no more.

Rob, not too long ago(2 years) a Cleveland PD officer was slain by a man with a Ruger Mini-14. When these things happen, they don't necessarily have to receive national news.

Dave

Suspect taken into custody without incident Sunday. Weapon used was an SKS modified to fire in automatic mode. Prosecution has indicated that they may ask for the death penalty. All indications are that the suspect may not be mentally stable and will try to use this in his defense.

Back