Star PD mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

six 4 sure

I bought a Star PD around 6 or 7 years ago and the only problem I've had is finding mags. I've managed to aquire two, but would like a few more. Does anyone know where I could get them?

Thanks. If anyone else has any info or words of wisdom about this gun I'd like to hear it

------------------
As to marksmanship, it is not what you once did, rather it is what you can do on demand.

I too had one 6 or 7 years ago, but have sold it. I don't remember much about it other than it was a nice small .45. Easy to carry.

Mas Ayoob has spoken favorably of them, as I remember.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

I gave one to a friend a couple of years ago. It's a pretty decent little gun, but wouldn't take a lot of full house loads.

The buffer-shaped part on the end of the recoil spring assembly broke, and I fabricated one. Would prefer to get the factory part. Anybody know where various parts are available?

My old roommate bought one and fed it full-house loads-- it functioned great until the super-soft hammer just sort of ground down from the slide's action on it. Bought a replacement hammer from Interarms that simply could NOT be made to fit. I sent him to my gunsmith (OLD man), who worked on it, threw the new hammer away, and just built up the old one and re-hardened it.

The great thing about the PD is the very nice lightweight easy carriability. The unfortunate thing about it is the softness of the materials. I would say that this is a dead bang reliable piece for someone who wansn't going to shoot it a whole lot, but if you know that you're going to practice a lot, find yourself a [used] lightweight Colt Officer's ACP-- they hold up better.

Note-- although potentially very accurate, these little guns are a handful, and require regular practice. They really fall near the category of "expert's gun" for regular carry. Go ahead and humble yourself occasionally by shooting it right after shooting a full-sized Government Model or Gold Cup.

BTW, my buddy's came with Pachmayers, and he sent off to Interarms for the walnut stocks, which are MUCH thinner, and of very high quality-- very dense grain, high checkering, and good fit. I was impressed, for $22.00! They make the pistol much more carryable.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Owned one for some years and sold it (Idiot! Don't sell your guns - just buy more!) ;o)

I liked it a lot but I agree with the other comments that it was a handful to shoot. I guess that's why it finally got sold! I am still in the market for a suitable carry .45.

[This message has been edited by CSG (edited November 24, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back