Star PD Light strikes on Firing pin

Cmc

Hello George
I have a Star PD 45 Acp and I had A light firing pin strike twice in the last 100 rounds. I removed the firing pin and polished and cleaned it and its tunnel , I thought this would solve the problem, It did not as a shot it today and did it again one time.
I noticed today that the hammer is deformed and a groove is formed in the area where it strikes the firing pin.
I looked in GPC website and they did not have one in stock.
If this is the problem do I also need to change the sear if I replace the hammer.
Can I get a welder to add metal to the hammer in this area
and file it down.
Do you know where can I buy another hammer?
Thanks
BTW I made a drawing for the firing pin of the Syntec ramline Pistol ,If you want a copy for your files I can Email It to you.

CMC, do you handload? It might be the primer seating. It could be that the gun isn't going completely into battery. It could be a weak firing pin spring or tired mainspring. The firing pin could also be bent. I don't think adding to the hammer or replacing the hammer is going to fix the problem. If it were I believe it would happen much more frequently. From your description I really believe that occasionally it just isn't locking up completely or if you handload some of your primers aren't fully seated. George

George the drawing is underway,
I do reload but the failures ocurred with factory ammo.
I do have a new firing pin and a woolf overhaul spring kit.
Do you reccomend I detail strip it and replace all the springs with the ones on the kit or just the hammer spring?
Thanks
Carlos

Just in case you ever need to replace that hammer, one from a BM or BKM 9mm will fit if you change the strut. I've compared mine (I've got several of these guns) side by side & they are identical within normal fitting parameters. I've seen more difference between 2 PD hammers than a PD & BM hammer. A PD sear can be fit to a BM/BKM by stoning down the lug that is engaged by the trigger lever (it's too wide for the smaller gun).

Carlos, I got the drawing. Thanks. I'd replace the hammer spring first just to see if that was the problem. Then the recoil spring. These are the only two that might be involved with the problem you described. George

CMC, just be sure you check first if you decide to replace it. The B model is not the same as a BM/BKM. Totally different guns, although they might share some parts. The above post is the only parts that I know of that will interchange, although others might.

Back