Star Model 30MI Info Needed

hemispheres

Inactive
Hello,
I have recently become the owner of a Star Firearms Model 30MI. It came with nothing but a clip. I would like to inquire about the maintenence of the weapon. Any details or suggestions would be great. I am also in need of the manual, or, if someone has one they could copy for me,... it would be greatly appreciated! And if anyone has any general info about the weapon, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance

Hello. I'm doing this from memory, but I THINK it's correct. To take the slide/bbl assembly off the frame, make sure the gun's not loaded and then push the slide back until a small vertical mark on it lines up with a similar one on the frame (left side). Push the slide stop lever out and remove the frame and bbl. To remove the bbl, you'll have to remove the recoil spring and guide; I believe it's a "captive unit." To do this, grab the rear of the recoil spring guide, push forward and lift up. It'll now lift out to the rear. Remove the bbl.

To remove or clean the "guts" that operate the hammer, you'll see a small hole with a spring-loaded pin in it on the lower area of the rear grip strap. Make sure the hammer's down. Depress the pin and pull downward on the rear grip strap. It'll be tough at first, but will slide down if the pin's in far enough. The grips will drop off and I believe that the hammer, mainspring, sear, etc are removed with the back strap. Again, it's been years since I fooled with one of these and this is just memory. To reassemble, you just reverse order, but I think you need to put the assembly back into the frame with the frame upside down such that a couple of hooked pieces can be above the hammer/sear assembly.

It's not often necessary to remove the guts for cleaning, but it sounds more complicated than it is. Note how the stocks are held on before reassembling.

Best and good luck.

The Star 30M was my first Semi-Auto handgun bought at a Wal Mart in Princeton, Louisiana.

The next was a Norinco 1911. Then came the G22.

Back