Star BM

montana09

I just picked up a Star model BM in excellent condition, it almost looks new in box. According to the proof marks it was made in 1992, the last year that they made them. As an interesting note it doesn't have the big crop circle grind marks on the frame and slide like most imported ones, but a small oblong grind just below the Spanish serial number above the trigger (fun fact the serial number on the frame matches the serial number on the barrel). Was this one never issued to the Guardia Civil or was it issued to some other entity can't seem to find much information on one like it. The original black grips were in excellent shape but the seller threw in the wooden ones on the deal

Attachments

Jealous... I love my Star BM but mine came pretty well used and the year on mine is 76 if I remember correctly... I got the wood grips too, they make it look really sharp... good luck with your BM!

Oh by the way, I had to move my rear sight way to the right to center mine... it shoots good now.

I would love to have one, look like great fun, but every time they are available money is tighter than all get out. J&G apparently has modern grips for them.

Looks like you got a nice one! The markings are a little different than the 1970s ones I've seen. I do like the smaller grinding marks!

The J&G wood grips do look good. I like the wave/checkered/stippled grips.

The mill marks removed police markings probably GCP, it is too bad the Spanish decided to remove the markings I have a half dozen or more BM’s with different police markings intact. Also the horrible CAI markings are on all of the latest batch of imports. I purchased one of the NIB offerings when they first came out, the photo depicted only the left side of the pistol, when I turned it over I was quite dismayed. The pistol still supports the un needed extra serial number but the Slide junk disappeared.

I carried one of these for several years. Good little SA semi for concealed carry. Dependable. Will last a lifetime with normal use.

Also the horrible CAI markings are on all of the latest batch of imports.

Why does CAI still do this in 2019? Almost everyone else has moved to discreet import marks (the best are those on the barrel that you don't even see unless the slide is retracted).

It's almost like CAI wants you to purchase from other importers.

Back